Ink and Water




I’m in shock … I managed to get to the craft table twice in one week!      

The creating bug has hit again with my last post and I decided to experiment with ink after suggesting it to my daughter.  She was after a more “splat” look to each colour, just slightly overlapping, but I quite like this gradual cloud of colour :)

This was easily created ( I couldn’t believe HOW easy when I did it)…. watercolour paper, a few bottles of ink and a small spray bottle with water is all you need (and a couple of layers of some scrap paper behind to protect your work surface).    

Line up the colours in the colour progression you want, put droplets of ink with some clear space in between and then spritz with water till you like the look of it and then leave it to dry.  Cut it to size if required and you’re done!    You might like to try it out on some smaller watercolour paper scraps first so you can see how it spreads.

In the sample above I did droplets of ink diagonally along the card endeavouring to leave a little bit of the card blank for the sentiment stamp, and to encourage that I spritzed at a bit of an angle away from the corner.

To create the card I mounted it on embossed paper and mounted that on a plain white base.   I added a few little embossed butterflies on slivers of dimensionals and stamped a plain happy birthday sentiment.   Inside has one matted layer of white card and another little butterfly (stuck with doubled sided tape not dimensionals so it will lay flat).

Why don’t you try out some ink and water ‘painting’ next time you're feeling crafty! 

Till next,
Annette :)

Comments

Popular Posts