Brushstroke stamps for a handmade look



I love cards to look professional, but they also have to have that quality about them that you can tell makes them handmade – whether that be hand colouring, additional techniques or simply weight.
The Work of Art stampset was brought out by Stampin Up last year and when I saw it I really wasn’t sure about it.  Surely someone could do those strokes themselves, rather than have a stamp for it… but the more creations I saw made with it the more I wanted to try it out.  Eventually I succumbed and bought the set :)  (It doesn’t take an awful lot for me to succumb though!)

Here are the first cards I have made with the set – Christmas cards – and I can foresee many more uses for this set down the track…


Work of Art & Bright Christmas by SU, Gumball Green & Real Red inks.

For this card I used the short double brushstroke and round stamps

 To make the mistletoe, I inked, stamped, inked, turned the stamp 60 degrees, stamp and repeat.  Then using the circle stamped three little berries in red ink.    

Add a sentiment and mount on a red card base to make it pop!   This card literally took 5 minutes to make yet it looks great .


Work of Art & Bright Christmas by SU.  Gumball Green & Elegant Eggplant inks, Dazzling Details and embellishments


This card uses one of the stamps in the set that looks like a long curved brushstroke.   

I simply stamped it above itself and edged it slightly to the left on each stamping, giving it the look of a tree.   Stamped a sentiment and  added some snowflakes and rhinestones and a little swipe of dazzling details.  Card front is mounted on a deep purple card base.    

Easy!

Comments

Popular Posts