More Heat Embossing


Stampin Up Endless Wishes heat embossed in silver.


The first card (above) keeps to a fresh silver and white combination.  

For the card base, silver with a matted white layer of embossed card (swiss dots), and then a smaller matted layer of silver and white.  This smaller white layer was heat embossed with silver snowflakes stamped randomly around it.    

I used the set Endless Wishes which is the first Stampin Up set I've purchased that is photopolymer.  I found it enabled easy placement, but was not so good for stamping – I’m used to applying a certain amount of pressure with the red rubber stamps and these ones obviously don’t need anywhere need the pressure applied!)   Fortunately I was planning on covering up some of these snowflakes with glitter cardstock ( shape punched with the SU designer label punch) , in silver of course, and then a silver heat embossed greeting.   

Stampin Up Endless Wishes heat embossed in white.

I wanted to make another card with this set for variety, and chose red and white – and a fairly simple design – 3 different snowflakes and a greeting in white on the red card.  I finished each snowflake with a little rhinestone for a bit of sparkle.

Stampin Up Evergreen, heat embossed

This card was cased from Pinterest using what looked like the SU Evergreen set, but it took look much peering at the monitor and wondering how it had been done!  This is what I did for mine - the result is fairly close.

Using the outline of tree stamp, I versamarked and then heat embossed in gold.  Then I used the solid tree stamp with versamark, sticky powder and a liberal sprinkling of  Dazzling Diamonds glitter ....  which is the best glitter mix… ever! (Well in my opinion at any rate!).     

Stampin Up Evergreen detail - love Dazzling Diamond glitter <3

The cardbase had been a deep burgundy and appeared to have a bit of a halo around each tree, which I came close to re-creating by sponging a similar colour ink onto my cardstock, along the top of the card and down to near (but not touching) the trees.    I then added little gold dots with a metallic ink pen, and added a ribbon with dark tones and  gold threads through it.

This card was layered with burgundy on cream and then on a navy cardbase (although it looks a bit more bright blue here in the photos).  A matching cream layer was attached inside the card for the greeting.

Till next :)
Annette 

Comments

Popular Posts