Revisiting an old stamp set




It’s so easy to get caught up with new stamps sets, papers, cardstock, embossing folders etc. as they’re released that we relegate the older sets to the back of the cupboard.   I’m definitely a hoarder when it comes to my craft supplies, so I only sell on sets that I think “why on earth did I buy that!?”   Consequently I have heaps of old sets and it’s fun to dig them out and do something with them!

Penguin Pleasantries is a great set as they can be used as a winter theme AND Christmas theme, having a variety of greetings including a birthday one.



The first card (above) is on a white base with a pale aqua matt and the white top card was stamped first, then run through the Big Shot with a snow embossing folder, then the penguins were coloured with Stampin Up markers.



The second card (above) took a bit more time – one of the penguins were stamped, coloured and fussy cut.   The card top was embossed with snowflakes and then a snowflake die cut was removed for use on a later project and the card top was placed over some frosty looking patterned paper with a couple of strips of suitably coloured ribbon.  The fussy cut penguin was placed and glued before the card top was permanently adhered.  To finish I added a few dabs of 2 in 1 glue and sprinkled a bit of glitter over the glue.


Comments

Popular Posts