Watercolour Heart Card





Being a fan of watercolours even though I have next to no experience and even less talent with them, I thought I would give it a go and pulled out the watercolour paper.   I punched 2 heart shapes out – large and small and proceeded to outline lightly each heart on the watercolour paper and added one small heart shape in the central area.  After taping the panel down with washi tape I then coloured each heart using watercolours , making the small heart the darkest pink there.   Then I removed the washi tape (leaving a small frame around the panel) and let it dry.  In the meantime I found some very pretty bright pink cardstock for my cardbase and then cut out the interior panel with cream cardstock that matched the colour of the watercolour paper fairly closely.



When the watercolour panel was dry I erased the pencil lines and then heat embossed the “true love"
stamp.   On the interior panel I used another old stamp for a sentiment.  


 If I was to change anything I might have done the True Love part on another piece of card, die cut it and adhered it, just so it could stand out a little more.   




I really enjoyed making that one and can see I might break out the watercolours more often in future!

Comments

Popular Posts